Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lil' Nubster

Yesterday I took a broken fin Carson had given to me and decided to try to make a lil' nubster. Some of you are probably wondering what a lil' nubster is. If so it is a small center fin used in a quad setup up so you are surfing with 5 fins. They were designed by Sean Mattison and Kelly Slater used them in numerous world tour events such as Portugal and Snapper as well as the Margaret River event. They are supposed to help with the often sudden transition from one side of the quad setup to another during turns. It is also supposed to help with drive down the line. Mine was really fun, it turned really well but it wasn't as fast down the line than my normal setup. I think I am going to sand it thinner and then try it again. Here is a shot of my prototype! LARS

No comments:

Post a Comment